Chief Financial OfficerEmail
Director of DevelopmentEmail
Director of Audience ServicesEmail
Audience Services ManagerEmail
Sheila Corbin Daniels
Box Office ManagerEmail
Head House ManagerEmail
Director of Community EngagementEmail
Special Events & Rentals ManagerEmail
Director of Production & OperationsEmail
Production & Operations ManagerEmail
One of the greatest assets at the South Orange Performing Arts Center is the Board of Governors who serve as ambassadors for SOPAC in the community, and lend their expertise and guidance to many aspects of the organization. These dedicated volunteers donate their time and talents to guiding and leading SOPAC. They foster a culture of serving SOPAC’s patrons and the community with arts experiences of the highest quality while adhering to SOPAC’s mission.
Douglas Newman, Chair
Marc Chalom, Vice-Chair
Randall E. Haase, Treasurer
Matt Epstein, Secretary
James Davis, III, Esq.
Dr. Paul Desjardins
Jordan Greenberger, Esq
Josianne Manasse, OD
Rev. Dr. Terry Richardson
Sheena Collum, South Orange Village President
Bob Zuckerman, South Orange Village Trustee Liaison
Melissa Hodge, South Orange Downtown Liaison
The SOPAC volunteer program offers a variety of opportunities for you to get involved, whether you prefer office work, ushering or contributing your professional expertise. As a SOPAC volunteer, you will be a valued member of a team of like-minded people who also enjoy giving back to their community.
If you are interested in becoming a SOPAC volunteer, please complete and submit the form below. Volunteers are an integral part of SOPAC’s success!
Cultural experiences. Learn about the live performing arts events that SOPAC presents. The program provides an unparalleled opportunity to participate in many aspects of a non-profit arts organization.
Flexible hours. During the presenting season, there are a wide variety of evening and weekend events at which you can work. There are occasional opportunities in the administrative offices.
Complimentary tickets. The hours you volunteer will accumulate into points that can be redeemed for complimentary tickets to a SOPAC-presented event of your choosing.
Community and fellowship. Throughout the year, SOPAC hosts various volunteer community and appreciation events including catered parties, movie nights and Bingo tournaments.
Front-of-House: Ushers and front-of-house volunteers are the public face of SOPAC and there are many positions to fill. In this position, you will gain experience in customer relations and help to create a warm, welcoming environment for SOPAC patrons. Duties may include ticket taking, handing out programs, or assisting patrons to their seats.
Administrative: An administrative volunteer can gain an understanding of many areas of theatre management. Activities vary based on the time of year. General tasks include database management, mail merges, filing and reception responsibilities.
Sign up to Volunteer
South Orange Performing Arts Center (SOPAC) is a multidisciplinary arts center that presents innovative artistic and educational cultural experiences through music, theater, dance, comedy and family performances. The mission of SOPAC is to enrich individual lives, and to engage and serve those in our community and beyond, through arts experiences that inspire and transform.
SOPAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). SOPAC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Current Employment Opportunities
SOPAC is seeking an experienced part-time Front of House Associate to join our Audience Services team. This position will require equal expertise and responsibilities as both a house manager and a box office representative. Chosen candidate will be crossed trained in both areas and will alternate their responsibilities when scheduled to work at performances. Prospective candidates should have excellent customer services skills, be well organized, a self-starter, a team player, punctual, detail oriented and easily adaptable. Knowledge of Patron Manager, or any other Customer Relations Manager (CRM)/ ticketing software a plus, but not required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise front of house operations including ushers, ticket takers and program distribution for all ticketed performances.
- Oversee ticket collection, patron services, seating, and front of house emergencies.
- Coordinate with production staff to manage the timely opening and closing of the house and intermission.
- Manage and assign volunteer ushers at performances.
- Assure preparation and use of all public spaces for access.
- Maintain all rules and regulations – including those related to audience safety and compliance with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Submit performance reports for each event and accident/incident reports as needed; report any patron or facility issues to the appropriate SOPAC staff for follow-up.
Box Office Representative
- Process tickets sales, memberships, gift cards, and donations.
- Inform patrons about upcoming performances, providing descriptions, dates, times, and additional information to help them with their purchasing decisions.
- Assist patrons with venue information, including directions, local dining, parking, special needs accessibility, etc.
- Required evening and weekend availability on a regular basis.
- Experience in theatrical front of house and box office operations or customer service and hospitality.
- Excellent customer service and superior patron relations skills.
- Must always maintain a professional appearance and style.
- Ability to multi-task and problem-solve in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong team building and management skills; must be responsible, mature, and able to maintain calm control in stressful or emergency situations.
- Experience with Patron Manager, or another ticketing software a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications. (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Knowledge of performing arts.
- Experience with monetary transactions.
Director of Audience Services
Part-time, hourly employment at $15/hour. Minimum of 10 hours a week
Please submit résumé, cover letter, and three professional references via e-mail.
E-mail: boxoffice@SOPACnow.org with subject line “Front of House Associate Search”
No phone calls please. We thank you for your interest in working for SOPAC. Once submitted, your résumé will be reviewed, and if your background fits our needs, you will be contacted for an interview.