Wednesday night programs held at Floods Hill in Meadowland Park throughout the summer months are collectively known as South Orange Summer Nights.
Concerts in the Park begin at 7:30PM
Moonlit Movies begin at 8:00PM.
Programs are subject to change. In the case of inclement weather, activities will be canceled.
South Orange Summer Nights is co-produced by the South Orange Department of Recreation and Cultural Affairs and SOPAC.
#SOSummerNights 2020 To Be Announced
Sorry, no events were found with these criteria.
Playin’ Around South Orange was a seasonal public art project highlighting both the visual and the performing arts.
Pianos transformed into works of art themselves by extraordinary local artists provided unexpected and delightful encounters and encouraged active arts engagement through the spontaneous making of music. The keys of the pianos would be ‘tickled’ every day giving performers and passerby alike a moment’s break from their daily routine.
Playin’ Around South Orange pianos were located throughout downtown South Orange and at Seton Hall University during the late summer and early fall months.
To honor each year’s pianos as pieces of art, they were auctioned off and/or donated to benefit SOPAC’s education programming.
In cooperation with our strategic partners, it is the mission of SOPAC to enrich individual lives, and to engage and serve the needs and interests of our diverse community, through arts experiences that educate, inspire and transform.
Eligible 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations wishing to be considered for a ticket donation may receive no more than one voucher per year. Ticket donations are available through the web inquiry form below only.
Please do not solicit donations by phone, mail, e-mail or in-person.
Please do not submit multiple requests.
To be considered, your organization must meet at least one of the following requirements:
- The mission of your organization must align with SOPAC’s (above)
- The organization is located within 10 miles of South Orange/Maplewood
- Is serving the cultural arts, families and/or needs of our community
- Is holding a fundraising event within three months of issued donation
And, your organization must accept the following conditions:
- Ticket donations/vouchers are limited
- Requests are accepted July 1 through approximately March 1
(Or, until availability runs out)
- Issued at the discretion of SOPAC on a first-come, first-served basis
- Valid for the season/fiscal year in which they are issued
- Good for “SOPAC-Presented” performances only
- Must be redeemed at least 4 weeks prior to a performance
- Expiration dates cannot be extended
- SOPAC is not responsible for lost or stolen vouchers
Thank you so much for considering SOPAC as a ticket donation sponsor for your fundraiser. Each season/fiscal year, there are a limited number of requests that can be fulfilled.
At this time, SOPAC has donated all the tickets that were available this season/fiscal year.
The Ticket Donation Request Form will be re-activated at the start of the new fiscal year, July 2020. You may consider submitting a request form after that date for another future fundraiser. In the meantime, we wish you luck with your upcoming event.
SOPAC is thrilled to be able to participate in the New Jersey’s Families First Discovery Pass program offering free or discounted tickets to the performances listed below for the current season.
A Families First Card (or New Jersey WIC Identification Folder) is required for eligibility and must be presented when picking up tickets from Will Call at the SOPAC Box Office the day of the show. Limit of 4 tickets per FF/WIC card for each performance. Tickets may be purchased in person or over the phone.
Offerings are subject to availability.
- $5 tickets for Kids ‘N Family Performances:
- Rumpelstiltskin on Saturday, November 16, 2019
- Angelina Ballerina™ The Very Merry Holiday Musical! on Sunday, December 8, 2019
- Mark Nizer 4D… the only live 4D show in the world! on Saturday, January 18, 2020
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar on Sunday, February 23, 2020
- The Amazing Max on Sunday, March 22, 2020
- Cinderella on Saturday, April 4, 2020
- BubbleMania – Comedy With A Drip! on Sunday, May 17, 2020
- $10 tickets for Sweet Honey In The Rock® on Sunday, September 22, 2019
- $10 tickets for Vance Gilbert in the Loft on Thursday, September 26, 2019
- $10 tickets for Flor De Toloache on Saturday, September 28, 2019
- $10 tickets for Jon B on Saturday, October 5, 2019
- $10 tickets for Dana Fuchs in the Loft on Thursday, November 7, 2019
- $10 tickets for Cherish the Ladies – Celtic Christmas on Saturday, December 22, 2019
- $10 tickets for Afro-Cuban All Stars on Friday, January 10, 2020
- $10 tickets for Tammy Pescatelli on Friday, January 17, 2020
- $10 tickets for Bob Mould on Saturday, January 25, 2020
- $10 tickets for We Banjo 3 on Thursday, February 27, 2020
- $10 tickets for Lucy Kaplansky & Richard Shindell on Saturday, March 14, 2020
- $10 tickets for Triple Threat Dance Showcase on Saturday, April 18, 2020
- FREE tickets for Juilliard @ SOPAC performances.
- FREE tickets to select Seton Hall University performances:
- FREE admission & events in The Herb + Milly Iris Gallery at SOPAC
- FREE admission to South Orange Summer Nights in Meadowland Park
SOPAC Box Office
The Box Office is open Monday-Saturday, 12PM-6PM
and two hours prior to performances.
South Orange Performing Arts Center
One SOPAC Way
South Orange, NJ 07079
About the Program
The New Jersey State Council on the Arts and the New Jersey Historical Commission have partnered with the NJ Departments of Human Services (DHS) and Health (DOH) to launch New Jersey’s Families First Discovery Pass (FFDP) program. This program provides families and individuals enrolled in state assistance programs with free or highly discounted admission to arts and history organizations, venues and programs. The Families First Discovery Pass Program offers broad access to cultural experiences for New Jersey residents and helps cultural organizations engage new audiences with the goal of building long-lasting relationships. Residents who receive benefits through SNAP, WFNJ, Child Care Subsidy and/or WIC are eligible for free or steeply discounted cultural programs throughout the State.