A career at SOPAC places you on a team of dedicated people who work hard and who adhere to the highest standards of excellence. You will be challenged to be creative, learn and grow in an exciting atmosphere that is professional, yet personal. Full time employees are offered professional development opportunities and a benefits package.
Current Career Opportunities
The South Orange Performing Arts Center is a regional cultural destination committed to offering innovative artistic and cultural experiences for diverse audiences within an intimate, inviting environment. SOPAC is located in downtown South Orange next to the NJ Transit train station, and includes a 439-seat theater; a Loft space for classes, parties, & performances; and a multi-screen cinema.
SOPAC seeks a poised professional with excellent communications, organizational skills and light bookkeeping experience, who functions well in a team-oriented environment. Must have a warm and welcoming personality, flexibility, and computer literacy (including Word, Excel and QuickBooks).
Office Management Responsibilities:
- Assist CEO with administrative tasks, as needed
- Open, sort and distribute incoming mail
- Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory and hospitality supplies
- Maintain office equipment, including copier, fax machine, etc. and arrange for necessary repairs to make sure it’s working properly
- Maintain office areas and equipment, housekeeping of main office space and conference room.
- Organize and coordinate arrangements for office meetings, in-house parties and celebrations.
- Perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities for various departments and/or directors to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization, including, but not limited to:
- Marketing Department Purchase Orders
- Data Entry
- Maintain, Organize, and update Office Calendar
- Maintain Board and Staff contact lists
- Participate as needed in special department projects and events.
- Ensure that clients and vendors are comfortable when entering the building by meeting their needs and expectations by providing excellent customer service.
- Collate documents including reports, and agenda for committee meetings.
- Handle requests for information and data.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
- Track organizational licenses and subscriptions to ensure timely renewal and compliance
- Prepare and distribute new-hire packets for Department Supervisor’s use
- Ensure filing systems are maintained and current
- Liaison with Village Hall and Parking Authority to resolve parking and other issues
- Communicate with Board of Governors and keep Board materials up-to-date
- Other duties as assigned
Finance Assistant Responsibilities:
- Account Receivables Collections
- Scan and Attach invoices into QB system
- Maintain records and input data for company credit cards
- File Paid Invoices
- Print, Obtain Signatures, and send Checks
- Print daily bank balances for CEO and CFO and prepare Daily Cash Sheet
- Code and Prepare all Bank Deposits, including Box Office receipts
- Bring daily deposits to bank
- Assist CFO, as needed, with light bookkeeping duties
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Warmth, sense of humor, and flexibility
- Excellent customer service skills and problem solving
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Self-motivated and takes initiative; anticipates organizational needs
To apply, send cover letter and resume electronically to:
Mark Packer, Executive Director
SOPAC is seeking a part-time Box Office Representative for ticket sales and customer service. Box Office Representatives are the first people that patrons interact with when they call or visit the SOPAC Box Office, and play an instrumental role in creating a positive experience for guests attending SOPAC events. SOPAC is seeking attentive, courteous, and detailed orientated individuals who are committed to advancing SOPAC’s reputation as a premier regional performing arts center. The successful applicant will be a responsible, mature, punctual team-player with a warm and friendly attitude and an appreciation for the performing arts.
Merchandise sellers must have experience handling money and can work well under high pressure situations. Merchandise sellers will communicate with the artist management, and count in merchandise, discuss the percentage that SOPAC will take, and cash out at the end of the performance, SOPAC is seeking attentive, courteous, and detail-oriented individuals who are committed to advancing SOPAC’s reputation as a premier regional performing arts center. The successful applicant will be a responsible, mature, and a punctual team player with a warm and friendly attitude and appreciation for the performing arts.
The Marketing and Communications Department is seeking applicants for the Promotions Team on a part-time, as-needed basis. The Promotions Team distributes printed materials (postcards, flyers, brochures, etc) to local businesses within the community and throughout nearby towns. Applicants must be outgoing, friendly, and willing to approach business owners and other staff. SOPAC is seeking attentive, courteous, and detail-oriented individuals who are committed to advancing SOPAC’s reputation as a premier regional performing arts center. The successful applicant will be a responsible, mature, and a punctual team player with a warm and friendly attitude and appreciation for the performing arts. Promotions Team members may be asked to help out in the office from time to time and will be compensated on an hourly basis.
For information about becoming a SOPAC Volunteer Click Here.
South Orange Performing Arts Center (SOPAC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.